Psychodrama Directing Intensive
J. L Moreno, the creator of psychodrama wanted to be remembered as the man who brought laughter into psychiatry.
Moreno's spirit of creativity, spontaneity, and expanding our role repertoires will infuse our weekend together. We start by creating safety and group cohesion, and build from there, with an emphasis on taking risks and trying things out. Whether this is your first exposure to psychodrama or you've been looking for an opportunity to hone your skills, this workshop is for you.
- Sociometry for warming up and group building, protagonist and auxiliary selection
- Practice directing vignettes
- At least one full psychodrama with processing
- Student directing of a full drama is possible for participants with at least 100 training hours.
Offered by: Maria Mellano, CP, PAT and Michael Gross, CP, PAT
Date: Sept. 22-23, 2018 from 9am-5pm each day
Location: Pablo Tac Hall at SLR Mission, 4050 Mission Avenue, San Luis Rey, CA 92057, (760) 757-3659; www.sanluisrey.org
Registration: Register by clicking here - Cost before August 1st: special $305 rate, after August 1st: $350
For more information: Email
- Application pending for approval for for 13.0 hours of continuing education credit for LCSWs, LPCs, and MFTs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- This activity may be counted towards 13.0 Certification Hours as approved by the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry, and Group Psychotherapy
- This activity may be counted towards 13.0 Experiential Therapy Certification Hours, as approved by the American Society of Experiential Therapists.
- For drug/alcohol counselors in California, provider approved by CCAPP-EI, Provider Number 4S-17-271-0819 for 13.0 CEH’S.
PARTICIPANTS' COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS WORKSHOPS LED BY MARIA AND MICHAEL:
"Really appreciate generosity and clarity of the facilitators."
"Very good experience! Healing and supportive."
"Everything was great!"
"Learned so many techniques that a director can use during psychodrama work."
"Everything was great. I learned a lot about psychodrama from Maria, Michael and other peers. I wish to attend more workshops with you."
"I enjoyed the associations between the theory with practice. I have a learned a lot. Very helpful."
"The co-teaching of Michael and Maria - both were excellent and it was interesting to see the play-by-play between them and how each supported each other and the participants. Each also had a slightly different point of view at times which was enriching."
Michael Gross, PhD, CADC-CAS,CP, PAT, is a Board Certified Practitioner of Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy. With a particular interest in trauma and the body and the impact of developmental trauma, he has had extensive training in Psychodramatic Bodywork®and has completed intermediate level training in Somatic Experiencing®. He has worked in the field of addiction recovery for over six years, and, for more than three years, has facilitated psychodrama groups for survivors of trauma and neglect, as well as addictions and eating disorders. He integrates principles of twelve-step recovery into his work with groups and individuals, and seeks to embody them in his own life. The Journal of Gay & Lesbian Social Services published his first co-authored, peer-reviewed paper this spring on applications of action methods to address stigma, shame, and isolation among gay men. Oh, and don't be misled by the PhD … it's in history, specifically the history of science. Michael spent the first decade of his working life teaching undergraduates and spent subsequent years recovering, during which he was involved in an array of roles and projects related to preventing HIV infection among high risk populations.